Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 10:54 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default electrical problem

This is so annoying. I can't test one part of my car cause something else is not working.

I got some electrical charging problem that is screwing up everything. First I though the alternator, but on my way home the voltage miracously went to 13V and stayed there. It was at redline at first. My gauges are skipping. Like I'm doing 30mph and in an instant it's 40mph even though I'm not accelerating. Car is studdering real bad when partial throttle. WOT, it's ok. It also doesn't want to shift at WOT. Just keeps smacking the rev limiter until I let off the gas. I though I had some bad gas at first cause of the studdering, but the malfunctioning gauges point to something else. I want to test that trans rebuild I just got, but I guess I can't until I fix this. It's an electronic tranny so the lack of voltage could be causing it not to shift. What can be causing this?
Old 03-30-2002, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: electrical problem

Check you battery... wiggle it. I bet you battery try is broke. My SS did something very simular. I finally found out what it was at the track.. right after it's first 1.7 60ft time.