Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pulsing vibration???? WTF

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
I noticed this kind of thing immediately after my converter
swap and I think it's some kind of internal imbalance in the
free-spinning parts (since lockup makes it quit).
so you are thinking thats its just normal for the stall converters?
Old 12-10-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it, in a WS-6 with a 6 speed. I just went through a clutch fiasco I'll write up soon. Heres what I know. 1) Its there neutral, clutch in or out and clutch in in gear. that eliminates from there aft (sorry Navy thing). So My pressure plate, flywheel and just because it was out drive shaft were all balance to .5 of a gram. So I pretty sure thats not it. I put a SLP underdrive Harm. balancer. Not much left that rotates but whats on the inside of the engine. Stock engine, tranny mount now. I was thinking exhaust but mine stock for now back to the GMMG resonators. I was thinking they could be putting out some strange vibes. I looked at my exhaust it didn't look like it was touching anywhere. The hunt continues, anyone would any place to look let me know. PS The vibration is strongest at 1300 rpm in idle but 6th gear deadens it pretty well on the road.
Ed
Old 12-10-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcmotorsports
yea i have a vibration problem on my 2000 ws6 six speed at 70 mph a vibration starts and sounds like it is a warping noise and i thought it may be a driveshaft balance issue. i have an energy suspension tranny mount and a offroad y pipe. has anyone with a six speed had this issue at 70 mph +?????
+1 and +1 to that vid, the vid is exactly what my car does but only about 1/10 of what that guys car was doin. it sounds like a low drone almost like gear whine, but more like its being amplified through something else. i know it doesnt help because im an m6 car. but i do have a tunnel mount ta and i think that is a big culprite, not only does it clunk, but its connected to the rear end and then under your a$$, what can you expect. mine is very tolerable and goes away with the radio, but i am very **** and noticed it one day and now i hear it on the highway everytime i go to work.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine does it not moving, I feel that got to rule out drive train. 1300 rpm= 21.6 hz
Old 12-10-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Regular

I did a YANK ST3500 in my SS with a Poly trans mount and it did the same thing. It would vibrate change in the center console. I also did a poly mount in my TA and it does it now too. Just a real slight vibration though. I plan on removing the Poly trans mount.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HMERacing
I did a YANK ST3500 in my SS with a Poly trans mount and it did the same thing. It would vibrate change in the center console. I also did a poly mount in my TA and it does it now too. Just a real slight vibration though. I plan on removing the Poly trans mount.
just bought my poly mount, eeeeerr
Old 12-12-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MeangreenHD
Don't worry about it.

When I installed my poly mount on my 6 speed, there was no noticeable increase vibration or noise. Just firmed up the shifter a lot so it stopped jerking all over the place when I hit the throttle
Old 12-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MeangreenHD
i woudlnt worry about it. i have solid motor mounts and a poly trans mount no issues at all.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:34 AM
TECH Regular

I plan on checking the total height of the mount before I put it back to stock just to make sure it is not too tall.

Quick Reply: pulsing vibration???? WTF