Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoke from manifold!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoke from manifold!

Ever since I changed my coolant and thermostat, I've been getting a little smoke from my passenger side exhaust manifold. It looks like it is coming from the one closest to the nose of the car. There is a tube entering the manifold from there. One part of the manifold is normal looking, the other part appears "wet". But, the rest of the manifold appears "wet" as well. What could be causing this? I've let the car sit and idle for about 15 minutes or so since I've noticed it. The first time it was real bad. The second time I cranked her cold, it wasn't as bad. Could it just be that I somehow spilled coolant on the exhaust manifold? The smell of it remind me of coolant. Any help is very much appreciated.
Old 04-12-2002, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Smoke from manifold!

Need to check the seal on the thermostat housing.. could be a slow leak.
Old 04-14-2002, 12:19 AM
TECH Addict

I checked it and couldn't see anything. But wouldn't the smoke/steam be coming from near the thermostat if it was leaking? Thanks for the reply. Any body else?
Old 04-14-2002, 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

The smoke is from something touching or dripping on the exhaust manifold and burning, it doesn't really matter where it's coming from.