Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of PaceSetter Y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007 | 08:54 AM
11 Second Club

I am one of the unstatisfied pacesetter y owners. The y gives you the most clearance because it is an 1/8'' away from the floorboard. It was quite rediculous. I tried the bumpstop and that didn't work because the y was in the wrong location to mount it the way it was supposed to. My mounts were new but not poly mounts. So I got fed up with the banging and sold the y and got my duals. There is plenty of adjustment and there is no more banging.
Old 06-07-2007 | 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

Mine fitted nicely.

Old 06-07-2007 | 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

Ah, a catted pacesetter Y! Very nice.

Also, the flex pipe is an awesome way for them to mount up to the headers. Good Idea!

Sorry to hear about the bad experience with the Y pipe. I think that if everyone just knew right off the bat that they were going to need to do poly mounts when the put LT headers on then there wouldnt be very many banging issues. Granted, it is a hell of a task, its very worth it!

One day my car will become a True Dual car because I plan on going to an iron block setup where I will want as much flow as possible. But while its a daily driver I plan on enjoying the awesome ground clearance that this Y offers. Keep the comments coming!

Quick Reply: Review of PaceSetter Y pipe