Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
McCord power plate under my car, works great. BYUNSpeed has them if you're interested.

+1 for mccord cutout thru BYUNSPEED. i love that thing. Ive scared soo many men, women, children, and animals with that thing open!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

I know what is wrong with it 100% i'll bet $.50 on it! theres gonna be a lil free play with those bolts, your blade is stuck on part of that pipe. with the car off, lol, have a friend push the button while your under the car. youre going to have to tighen the bolts up by hand a lil, and then when the cutout opens itll center itself and then u can tighten it, then have your friend open/close it while u inspect

be careful not to strip it out the gears, i did the same thing with my first one.. take your time with the install, make sure she clears, and youll be aight!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

If the motor is moving and the blade is not there is usually a set screw to hold the motor shaft to the vlave shaft. Tighten that set screw. In fact you might want to dimple the inner shaft so the set screw can hold the valve shaft with more than just friction.

Just an idea.

Mike