Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

professional products LS1 96mm intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007 | 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Default professional products LS1 96mm intake

anybody using one of these I would apprecaite any feed back you can offer
Old 05-04-2007 | 10:52 PM
On The Tree

New Typhoon LS1/LS6/LS2
This unique new design features a larger plenum volume than stock or aftermarket manifolds, somewhat similar to the 2006 ZO6 manifold.This larger volume is particularly suited to big inch engines but extensive dyno testing on a stock LS1 also shows substantial gains, especially in the mid-rpm ranges.Tested pri- marily against a leading aluminum aftermarket manifold that is similar in design to the LS6, the Professional Products intake showed equal power on the top end with an additional 12 to 15 hp in the 3,000 to 4,000 rpm range.

The manifold is available in three different configurations with each of the three offered in either a polished or satin finish.The first configuration is designed for the LS1 and LS6 engine.It fea- tures an 85mm inlet opening and uses LS1 style throttle bodies. The second configuration is for LS2 engines and features a 96mm inlet opening and uses LS2 style throttle bodies.The third style fits LS1/LS6 engines and has the 96mm inlet opening.This manifold requires an LS2 style throttle body but the fuel rails and manifold are designed for LS1 style injectors which are different from LS2 injectors and use different electrical connectors.This third manifold requires the use of LS1/LS6 style injectors and the matching wiring harness.

All three versions of the manifold come with custom fuel rails, a stainless braided -6AN crossover hose, an inlet fitting that con- nects to the stock fuel line, stainless steel fuel rail mounting brackets, and all stainless attaching hardware. Note that early (1997-'98) LS1's that had a fuel pressure regulator mounted on the fuel rails will require our optional #52160 regulator kit which includes a 25 to 75 PSI EFI adjustable regulator and additional fittings to incorporate the regulator into your fuel system. All three styles of the manifold also include nitrous bosses suit- able for drilling and tapping for nitrous nozzles.Note that there is only space for a single tapped hole per port.

Old 05-04-2007 | 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

i would buy it if it had o-ring style gaskets, i hate the old style manifold gaskets. especially those valley pans...
Old 05-05-2007 | 06:31 AM
12 Second Club

I believe somebody was doing test on this setup, have you tried "search". I'll give it a try and see what I can find. I would like to go this route too but, need more info/feed back before I purchase this manifold.
Old 05-05-2007 | 09:39 AM
On The Tree

yeah I tried a search but the database was jacked up

Quick Reply: professional products LS1 96mm intake