Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM2 Installation Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM2 Installation Question

I have a friend with an '02 SLP SS Camaro with the centered dual tips. He want's to install a LM2 muffler and use it in conjunction with his stock center exit exhaust.

We were wondering if anyone on here has attempted this install, and could lead some insight into how difficult/ costly this is. As always, pictures would be appreciated.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

i am in the same situation i orderd slp lm1 and it shuold be here soon i called slp and said it doesnt just bolt right up soo i dono what ill have to do yet
Old 05-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Either of you want to sell your LM tips if you get the CME to work?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bobabooie
Either of you want to sell your LM tips if you get the CME to work?
ill sell mine i got the 3.5 inch dual tips
Old 05-10-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

just get a shop to make some 90 degree bends
Old 05-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MicroRacer
I have a friend with an '02 SLP SS Camaro with the centered dual tips. He want's to install a LM2 muffler and use it in conjunction with his stock center exit exhaust.

We were wondering if anyone on here has attempted this install, and could lead some insight into how difficult/ costly this is. As always, pictures would be appreciated.
Assuming he already has a Loudmouth catback system on the car then he would need to replace the LM1 resonator with the LM2 muffler. SLP has a kit that can be purchased to do this swap.

If this car doesn't have the loudmouth catback (basically running a stock oem set-up), then he'll need to get the LM2 catback exhaust kit and replace everything from the y-pipe on back with the parts from the kit. The original Y-pipe would still be retained with this install. These kits are easy to install so it can be done with one person, but perferrably two people will make this go alot easier and quicker. Once the system is on then you should be able to reattach the center dual tips (its just a casting with two 90 degree pipes attached to it) to the new LM2 outlet pipes - just be prepared to do some cutting to make center dual tips fit like before. I would buy some band clamps (3" or 3.5") and use these instead of the o-ring or c-clamps that come with the kit - makes a better install and as well makes it easier to remove it if req'd.