Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need exhaust hanger part numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need exhaust hanger part numbers

taking my true duals off due to ground clearance issues and am putting a y pipe and catback on. As far as I can see none of the hangers are there at all....so I need to know where all the hangers are and part number. I need to know what attaches where and how so I can get all this ordered. I need this asap

thanks in advance
Kris
Old 06-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Your best bet is to go back to the dealership or do some researching online for some kind of diagram for the exhaust. I work at O'Reilly Auto Parts and all we have for diagrams are piping. I know just from my car that there is a bracket attached to your y that is then bolted to the car with 2 bolts, after the pipe goes over the axel before it goes into the muffler, there is another hanger that attaches to the frame of the car, with a rubber bushing and bolts to the frame. on the drivers side tailpipe, there will be a "L" shaped hanger to attach a rubber bushing that attaches to the frame. Im sure that if you go to a dealership they should be able to pick up a diagram for you. You may even try Advance or Autozone to see if they have any diagrams. But i did a quick search online and didnt find anything. hope this helps. theres only three hangers that i know of
Old 06-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

that helps, I was wondering how many were in the system....so there's one holding the y up and two holding the catback?
Old 06-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Teching In

yea one holding the y pipe up under the passenger seat and 2 after the axel
Old 06-05-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am looking for these brackets also. Anyone else know where we can find any? I am going to try the local exhaust shops.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

i went to the chebby dealership here in town....they pulled up an illustration and got me all three. Conveniently, the dealership is owned by the same person that owns the dealership that I work at so I got a discount. I think list price was like 85 for all three without the hardware
Old 06-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Teching In

i just went and purchased the hanger for the muffler on the passenger side, the one that bolts up to the frame, and it ran me $17, with a discount from where i work. So they are pretty cheap

Quick Reply: need exhaust hanger part numbers