Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter header install how to's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pacesetter header install how to's?

Hey guys/gals, I am planning on installing my offroad pacesetters this weekend. I am mechanically inclined but would rather go into the job prepared, to avoid any problems after I have the car torn down. Is there a how to bulletian anywhere on the site any links would be appreciated. I will have a lift to use so that should make life easier. Also since I have offroad headers do I need a block off for the EGR opening on the intake? Can I improvise if I need to order one so that I can still do the install this weekend. Thanks from an LS1 guy way up here in MAINE!!!

Last edited by #third; 06-13-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pacesetter install question

oh one more thing, I think I forgot to get a EGR block off. Can I improvise so I can drive the car home after installing?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a how-to in the exhaust section(bolt-on section). Go to any auto parts store and ask for a freeze plug(I believe 1-3/8"). It'll be a rubber plug with a nut on top for expanding it. Only about $3 and it'll work great for the EGR blockoff. Having a lift will really help. I tried like hell to not remove the steering linkage when I did mine, but I had to. The driver's side will slide right in without the linkage, but you may have a problem getting the linkage back in. I got underneath the front of the car and moved a big rubber flap out of the way to gain easy access to the linkage. Once I did that, I was able to get the linkage in pretty easily. Hope this helps.