Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this cause any problems...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Will this cause any problems...

I had my spark plugs changed but the mechanic could not get the one on the passenger side to the rear out. Will the old plug cause any problems with the new ones being installed? They were not in bad shap, no fouling, arcing or heavy ash deposits, roughly about 23,000 miles on the old set. Should i be worried until i get the car to a dealer in late August? Please any inputs are welcome. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well seeing that he is "a mechanic" and couldnt do it. and im a college student, and i could do it, but it was a bitch. if i were u, i would take it back to him and tell him to stop being a pansy and change it. yea its hard, but with patience and a little tolerance to pain and u can change it. but back to the point, i dont think it will cause any problems. so u shouldnt worry too much about it.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

The only problem would be if he damaged it somehow trying to get it out. The mileage depends on the set of plugs. Factory plugs will last much longer than that, but a set of Bosch plugs or other crap plugs might not.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

Not much of a mechanic is he. I hope you didnt pay him full price. Shouldnt be a problem, but get in there and swap it out. This is one of those things you should be able to do on your own.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

like said above, hes not much of a mechanic, it just takes a little time and some skin on your knuckles lol, and please dont tell me your taking it to a dealer to have it done.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I hate changing them ,I did mine myself. When I saw how hard those back 2 were, I knew I couldn't trust a regular mechanic to do it. A dealer will say they did it, charge you, and do nothing at all.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by troopercar
As much as I hate changing them ,I did mine myself. When I saw how hard those back 2 were, I knew I couldn't trust a regular mechanic to do it. A dealer will say they did it, charge you, and do nothing at all.
EXACTLY! dealers are a huge rip off, unless your getting the stuff done under warranty. i dont even go to oil change places cause i dont trust them, ill change it myself.

Last edited by ls1charged; 06-14-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is why you always ask for the old parts back, and tell them before the work is done, I will not pay for an item unless I see it.