Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light after header install

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES light after header install

I installed my headers yesterday and I forgot to plug the pass side coil pack back in before I started it. I ran it for a couple minutes and revved it a little before I figured out the problem. I reconnected the coil pack and started it again and it ran a lot better but I still had the light. I disconnected the battery and let it sit for a long time. Today when I started it up again it ran rough from having the battery disconnected, but okay overall. After a couple minutes the SES light came back on and it was blinking. I hope I didn't screw anything up by not connecting the pass side coil pack the first time. I don't know what the code is, but I'll probably buy AutoTap software this week. Any thoughts on what it could be? I still have cats and all new O2 sensors that should be connected in the right spots.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is all the egr and what not hooked up right?
Old 06-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Launching!

Nevermind. I'm a dumbass. I just went and rechecked everything again and realized that I didn't plug the pass side rear plug wire in. I fired it up again and all is well. No codes. Phew. I'll probably post a thread with the AR install pics soon. Thanks