Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fassst idle

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fassst idle

I just put in my LT's and am running open headers with no air/egr. I noticed when I accelerate and let off the gas my car does not slow down, at all. Over 1.5 miles off the gas....I stayed at the exact same speed. I came to a full stop at a stop sign, let off the brake and didn't touch the gas...and I just idled up to 30 and the tranny shifted to 2nd, 3rd and 4th. What the hell is with this? When I pulled into my driveway I put it in neutral and it idled at 2k, park was 1200, drive is at 800-900 and then it will like...surge to 1k. This is really annoying haha, any help?
Old 06-23-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

O yea, also...when I get on it, past 4500 it makes popping sounds like a backfire.....is it a backfire or just the ping of the open headers? And sometimes when going from a stop the car would buck and want to surge, but I was only running 1 o2 extension and was misfiring, would that be what made it feel that way?
Old 06-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

Your Running way way to rich. Lt's will have your car running rich. Did you get tuned after the header install? The running rich is why your car goes the same speed after you let of the gas. And that is most likely a backfire due to RUNNING RICH .. to much fuel being dumped in and it is exploding in the headers ..

Get a tune and all should be good ..

Do you have a Cam, if not, how does the open headers sound ??
Old 06-23-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

because your running open headers......

your o2s are flipping out, without putting it in better terms, and your pcm is trying to figure out what the hell is going on....the AFR is probably all over the place right now which will result in the car running different......
Old 06-23-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

No I do not have a tune yet, I will have one in a few weeks after my cam goes in. I have the stock cam right now and it idles like my old Pro Street Camaro did ahha. It is absolutely ridiculous, I love it. But it is too loud when I get on it.