Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrades to car, awsome performance.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Upgrades to car, awsome performance.

Well as for spending, I'm done for the year. But, it was definitly worth it. Took the car to Automotive Performance Engineering in Clinton Township, Michigan. Kirk and Rich did an awesome job. Replace the crappy 10 bolt with a DTS 12 bolt and 4:10 gear. Replace the aluminum driveshaft with chromoly steel drive shaft with yokes that shouldn't break. Replace clutch with Spec Stage III. Picked the car up, getting used to the chatter, but it's really not that bad. Only have 175 miles on clutch, they say I need at least 400 before I get crazy. They dynotuned the car and it runs excellant now. Was driving the car around and decided (in my mind) that loudmouth was just too loud. I changed that out last night with the Magnaflow catback. That is an awesome sounding exhast system. Only one thing wrong with it. Those truck tips!!! I don't know what to do about those
things. Maybe they'll grow on me, but why didn't they make those things normal size. Anyway, now it runs and sound awsome. I'm anxious to see how the car performs after the clutch breakin period.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Upgrades to car, awsome performance.

It sounds like you had some good stuff done!

Congrats on your parts and have fun!
Old 05-08-2003, 06:25 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds like you are beefing it up for some serious hp. Any plans for Heads/Cam combo or FI?

I agree with you on the Loudmouth being too loud with LT's. I removed mine and installed a Magnaflow muffler on my SLP catback so I would still have the stock tips.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just got done doing the same things to my car, clutch rear end swap. I put a RAM 900 series system and a custom 8.8 rear w/ 4.10s. I love my car now. now sounds like we both have nothing to worry about, we got rid of the 2 things wrong with this car.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds pretty good

What drive shaft are you running? I heard there's a good, local supplier but I don't have the name. I need to get over to APE for some power pulls.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:21 AM
TECH Resident

Break that clutch in right! It's gonna be hard but just do it!

Old 05-09-2003, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, there will be a alot of chattering, but not as much with 4.10s. it just has to break in. it'll get alot better but it's such a grippy clutch it will still chatter if u don't give it enough gas from a stop. I am running the stock driveshaft, no problems so far with 315 nittos.