Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil wiring harness question

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Coil wiring harness question

I just re-installed my motor; during the removal procedure I also took off my coils and re-wraped the the coil wiring harness. I have a question regarding reconneting thes harnesses; this may seem elementary and I believe it doesn't matter but would like verification. Can these harnesses be put on backwards? In other words, is there a front and rear? Or are the harnesses interchangeable - (I do realize that the connections will only go on one way based on the design - so that is not part of my question.)

Thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would assume you need the harness to have the correct connector on the correct coil(ie. dont mix up the front and rear by putting it upside down). Only reasoning behind this would be your firing order can get mixed up. The connector will only go in one way so the connectors comming from the harness are in a certain order. I could be wrong but thats how it looks to me. I think this is what your asking, lol

-william
Old 06-29-2007, 07:28 AM
On The Tree

Thanks. And I assume the same thing but don't know how to tell if it is backwards or not; of course I would not mix up the could connections by crossing them or such (in an unatural way as it relates to the harness); however you can see my point as to whether I have them upside down (basically fliped) - it would seem to me that would not accomidate the firing order - it would fire backwards on that bank - I mean, I am sure I will know once I try to start it but am trying to avoid that.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Teching In

there are 4 wires in each coil conn. with the high tension leads pointing down, the coil conn w/ the red wire is on the right side. questions, give me a call. steve 909 910 3867