Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are headers that loud with no exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are headers that loud with no exhaust?

Right now, i have my stock exhaust manifolds, and stock cats, and that is it. if i put just headers on will it be a lot louder than what i have right now? i know the bullets are pretty much a regular pipe, but would that help to put a couple of those on? im kind of a broke *** right now(just bought some wheels) and cant really afford the exhaust. thanks for any help/suggestions.
Old 05-10-2003, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Are headers that loud with no exhaust?

I'm running SLP lt's no cats and Loudmouth. Loudmouth is basically no exhaust if you ask me. Just pipes. It is BLOODY LOUD! And the smell is awful...but I kinda like it hehehe. My next mod is hearing aids. :p
Old 05-10-2003, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Are headers that loud with no exhaust?

If you just plan to run headers only make sure you have at least 6 - 8 inches of pipe behind your O2 sensors so they can get a accurate reading. Other wise they will get too much 02 from the outside air and you'll have a very sluggish idle and acceleration.

I would run my Hookers with no cats and have my cutout open sometimes and it is stupid loud

Quick Reply: Are headers that loud with no exhaust?