Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header compatability

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header compatability

My car still has her mostly stock LS1 between her fenders, but will eventually get a 427 when I finally get back home. I'm thinking about doing headers and duals while I'm home on vacation though.

My question is, are LSx headers universal, as far as bolting up to the heads, and exhaust ports lining up? I don't want to toss a set of headers in there now, only to find I have to get a different set when I do my engine swap.

If they are universal I'll go with the kooks, possibly stepped, so the car is ready for the bigger power down the road, even if it means I won't see gains as high in the near term.

Tom
Old 07-08-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont think you'll be able to use those on the 427, not to mention if you did you'll need 1 7/8 primaries for the flow of the 427, 1 7/8 are too big for the LS1 without some money spent on heads and cam ( i know i am currently removing mine cause i have no bottom end )
Old 07-12-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing you are talking about a LSx based 427? If so, yes they should be the same. Internal dimenstions are the difference.