Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exaust vibration....any fixes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exaust vibration....any fixes?

just like the title says.....have any of you done anything to help with the vibrations of your headers and exaust?? Now i know that you can not make it all go away but im sure there are things you can do to bring down the vibrations going on in the cabin. Any suggestions?? I just installed new xsheaders and slp loudmouth exaust. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

heater hose... I just did a strip about 6 inches long along the top of the Y pipe just for the hell of it and clamped it down with a pair of those stainless 3"-4" hose clamps with the screw... (actually adjusted my catback in the same manner with smaller versions of said clamps and jacked one side of the catback up and wrapped them around the rubber mount heh) ... I used a 3/4 hose cut down the center and inserted lengthwise along the top of the pipe
Old 07-11-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

i did something similar to this.

I went to www.mcmastercar.com and bought a sheet of 1/4 high temp rubber...

i think it was like 24"X6" and cut thin strips out and hose clamped them in place where ever my exhaust is rubbing my frame.

reduced the vibration a good bit, but it's still noisy as *****.