Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure sending unit & PCV

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Pressure sending unit & PCV

My friends 01 Trans Am is needing a oil pressure sending unit and a PCV valve and I was wanting some advise on getting to them to replace them. I know they are on the backside of the driver side head. Is it easiest to pull the coil packs off or are they both easier to get to from the bottom? Also is there anything thing we should watch out for when reaplacing them or if anyone has any tricks up their sleeves to make this easier
Also this car has an STS kit on it with only 5 lbs is the stock PCV system alright with such low boost or is this possibly going to be a reoccuring thing with the PCV valve? Thanks for the help.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if its a fbody your going to have to take the intake manifold off for the sending unit, gm sells a certain socket that goes over the unit itself...because it sits right behind the manifold on top of the block
Old 07-14-2007, 03:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great I did not know you had to pull the the intake. Is it the same situation for the PCV valve?
Old 07-14-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The PCV valve is located on front, just before it goes into the T/B. It is just tubing going to the back ports on the Valve covers.