Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Steering ***HOW TO GET OFF????*******

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering ***HOW TO GET OFF????*******

How the hell do you unclip the power steering clip on the sides. Trying to take off the powersteering pump, to get my driver's side head off the engine.

Or is there another way getting the pump off.

98' Trans am
Old 07-15-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

What clips are you talking about? You have to loosen about 3 bolts to remove the PS pump from the head. If I remember correctly, there are 2 bolts behind the pulley, so you have to pull it off first, or you can get to the bolts with the pulley on if you know where they're located.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:03 PM
FormerVendor

There are the 3 bolts holding it on, the one next to the TB is the easy one. After that i find taking the water pump off to get the lower one is the easy route. Then use a 15mm open end wrench and gradually turn the one behind the resivour on the head. Takes a while but is easy.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jake@EPP
There are the 3 bolts holding it on, the one next to the TB is the easy one. After that i find taking the water pump off to get the lower one is the easy route. Then use a 15mm open end wrench and gradually turn the one behind the resivour on the head. Takes a while but is easy.
thats how I do it. The bolt that you have to use the wrench on pisses me off everytime I have to put it back on because it likes to start crooked...

Some people remove the whole thing from the bracket.