Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another header question....

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another header question....

If I install the non-emission (O2 bungs only) Jet-Hot headers without installing anything else, will I still be able to drive the car? I know I will have an SES light, but will the car work? Will anything get damaged? Thanks!
Old 05-20-2003, 04:26 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Another header question....

If I am undersatnding you correctly, you are putting on Long tubes without the rear O2 sensors, right? You will have to have the front O2s hooked up to drive the car. The rears aren't important.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:15 AM
TECH Resident

I think he's referring to the race-style headers w/o AIR/EGR provsions. Yes, the car will run fine but count on an SES. Get the systems written out with LS1edit! No more lights! Are you going to swap intakes or block the top hole?
Old 05-21-2003, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Mr. Jabroni is correct, I am referring to the race style headers w/o AIR/EGR provsions. I have a 2002, so I don't think I have to block the EGR hole on the intake, right? I will get it dyno tuned sooner or later and have them make the SES light go off. Just wanted to know if the car would run. Thanks!