Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Is corsa worth it?
Yes get it!!!!
53.62%
No, get something else
46.38%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Is it worth it getting a corsa catback?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 Z28
Not crazy about the Corsa sound, and I've also spoke to a guy that I sold my old exhaust to, he used to have a Corsa, and said his baffles inside the muffler blew apart on him. Apparently he's not the only one that's happened to either, and that's unacceptable for such a pricey catback. If I was to go back to a catback, Magnaflow would be under my car.
yeah ive heard of the same on some cars......good thing it comes with lifetime warranty
Old 08-21-2007, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

I bucked up and paid the 700 bones 4 years ago. I have never regretted it.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

would cats be recommened for corsa?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoneSS
would cats be recommened for corsa?
Yes. Cats are recommended for any y-pipe setup if you care about sound quality above anything else
Old 08-22-2007, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Poll is close but im starting to lean towards buying a cheaper cat back and using the rest of the money for other mods.

A member here is selling me a loud mouth for $260 shipped almost new
Old 08-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Poll is close but im starting to lean towards buying a cheaper cat back and using the rest of the money for other mods.

A member here is selling me a loud mouth for $260 shipped almost new

Cheapen out on the sound and look you wanted and you'll regret it forever. You're going from the most refined and unique sounding catback out there that looks hands down the best to the least refined, most basic looking catback out there that sounds horrible with anything but stock manifolds and cats to save money that won't matter to you next year.

Sounds like you'll regret your decision in no time. Instead of spending your money on something you'd love, you'd rather throw it away on something you don't want because it was a good deal. That's like going to buy your dream car, driving to the dealership, then buying a car you don't like because it was on a great sale

Take my advice. You only live once and you're only young once. Don't make a mistake you'll kick yourself for for the rest of your life. You don't want to look back at your younger years regretting your decisions over money that is ultimately useless in the long run.

Don't have the cash? Start saving. The problem with America is everyone wants it NOW NOW NOW! The sun will come up tomorrow. You'll be here. Don't let your impatience or useless money hold you back.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

i sa borla bro had it on my old car and looks sicc sounds sicc and just straight up sicc
Old 08-22-2007, 10:20 AM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

fwiw i only lost 2 rwhp/ 2 rwtq with an closed cutout over my corsa. so it flows damn well. and this is cammed with a very good flowing y pipe. so it makes the power. but it is loud w/ lt's unless u go with a catted y or a bullet in the mid pipe.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369

Cheapen out on the sound and look you wanted and you'll regret it forever. You're going from the most refined and unique sounding catback out there that looks hands down the best to the least refined, most basic looking catback out there that sounds horrible with anything but stock manifolds and cats to save money that won't matter to you next year.

Sounds like you'll regret your decision in no time. Instead of spending your money on something you'd love, you'd rather throw it away on something you don't want because it was a good deal. That's like going to buy your dream car, driving to the dealership, then buying a car you don't like because it was on a great sale

Take my advice. You only live once and you're only young once. Don't make a mistake you'll kick yourself for for the rest of your life. You don't want to look back at your younger years regretting your decisions over money that is ultimately useless in the long run.

Don't have the cash? Start saving. The problem with America is everyone wants it NOW NOW NOW! The sun will come up tomorrow. You'll be here. Don't let your impatience or useless money hold you back.
thats your opinion, Id take a Loudmouth over that 700$ stuff anyday.. Just because its cheaper doesnt mean its not as good of a system. GMmexican
you sounded like you were leaning towards a borla-mouth from the get go. Id buy that and enjoy it.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by BlueStreak362
thats your opinion, Id take a Loudmouth over that 700$ stuff anyday.. Just because its cheaper doesnt mean its not as good of a system. GMmexican
you sounded like you were leaning towards a borla-mouth from the get go. Id buy that and enjoy it.
So, that makes me incorrect for saying you'll be unhappy if you go a route you don't care for over price?

Wow

The loudmouth sounds like absolute ****. That's my opinion, and the more you mod your car, the worse it sounds. It sounds like a redneck farm truck. I knew a guy with an '00 Z28, stock manifolds/cats and a loudmouth. It was the worst sounding V8 I've ever heard. That's my opinion.

And because it's cheaper DOES mean it's not as good of a system. That's why Corsa is a lot more money. The Corsa catback is better made, better looking, has more expensive components (muffler and tips are very expensive), comes with a lifetime warranty and is significantly more refined. The Corsa is dead quiet at highway cruise, mellow at normal acceleration and screams at WOT. The Loudmouth is loud all the time because it's a cheap system with no real muffler and nothing to it. You're paying for straight pipe and extremely basic tips.

Some people prefer McDonalds over a gourmet restaurant. You're apprently the guy that'll take a Big Mac over a $100 steak. You may like a Big Mac better, but the steak is still a hell of a lot classier.

I'd say GMmexican should probably go with a Corsa, not a "borlamouth" monstrosity. If he was as interested in that as the Corsa, he probably would have made this post about a borlamouth monstrosity.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Everybody knows what opinions are like...

The price difference between a used LM and a new Corsa is a lot. You can practically get LT's and a y for the difference. The quality of the LM isn't bad either, but people think it's cheap because, well, it's cheap. Since it doesn't include a real muffler and the tips are plain.

LT's, catted y and a LMII sounds great IMO
Old 08-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Launching!

borlamouth sounds alot better than corsa in my opinion!!!!!! use the money you save to buy bigger and better mods for your ride!
Old 08-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Internet Mechanic

I use Corsa, Love it!!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nick1ta
borlamouth sounds alot better than corsa in my opinion!!!!!! use the money you save to buy bigger and better mods for your ride!
I think thats what im going to do.....
Old 08-30-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Regular

Corsa is too quiet IMO, the tips look cool tho. Personally I would go with Hooker because its not as obnoxious(sp?) as the LM once cammed. Also I'm pretty sure no one would regret what exhaust they put on their car when they were young for the rest of their life, especially when they saved that much money.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

The borla sound was definitely not for me, sounds like a straight pipe. Corsa sounds much better. My car did get louder when it was cammed with the Corsa...something to consider.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

2OTL
Old 08-31-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corsa here and I really like it for 3 yrs and looks a lot better than the Borla.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Get a magnaflow, they are stainless and have great sound!
Old 09-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Teching In

2OTL best sound best price