Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

silverado y-pipe Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default silverado y-pipe Question

My dads Silverado has had a issue with a ypipe flange coming off the y-pipe. It finnaly snapped off during towing yesterday. we plan on swaping in poly engine and trans mounts to stop the twisting. But a New Catted Y-pipe is like 400+. We are thinking about doing long tubes but my dad must have a catted y-pipe its just the way he is. Does anyone know where you can order a catted y-pipe for pacesetter headers for a 2000 Silverado 1500 4.8 liter?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Launching!

I'd go with stainless headers, but it depends on how long you plan on keeping the truck too. Check out http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/
Old 08-24-2007, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Just drop the Y-pipe off, clean it up and have it rewelded. I've done this twice now the pickup has 138K miles on it currently. The factory weld doesn't put much heat into the flange, if it's rewelded right it'll hold up a lot longer. You'll need to atleast buy the drivers side gasket, the passanger side is a good idea too. Before puting the Y-pipe up on the drivers side take a file and make sure the flange face is flat, place your gasket in the grove and snug the bolts up, you don't have to get it super tight. Also, to keep your newly rewelded flange from being in a bind tighten the drivers side flange, then passangers, then the Y-pipe to I-pipe connection.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Possibly have an exhaust shop fab one up?

Quick Reply: silverado y-pipe Question