Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poly engine mount install feedback??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by warp10
I did the poly mount and kind of regret it now. I should have install solid mounts. Y-pipe was fine for a few months and is starting to bang the floor board again.
After drinking from tupperware cups all my life ive come to the conclusion that polyurathane when formed into a block is fairly similar in properties to that of steel- So i decided to go with the spohn solid mounts...

You have to take out the alternator and the steering shaft to install them, unless you have A/C, the pump would have to go as well...I found it easier to loosely bolt them to the k member then lower the motor to the mounts and catch the bolts through the mount into the block before tightening everything down...

Immediately after starting the car, i noticed the motor stopped rocking back and fourth...As i drove out of the driveway, i didnt notice any more vibation in the car than with the stockers...Taking off from an intersection, the car is more responsive to clutch movement, and overall i would recommend them to anyone looking to stop that side to side wobble in your M6 shifter...
Old 09-23-2007, 01:24 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Solid mounts are the way to go. It is not as bad as you think. I love mine as well. Exactly what they are described as, solid.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

i just did poly motor mounts.
you dont have to remove the AC, Alt or steering shaft, atleast i didnt anyway.
i just unbolted the entire motor mount assembly, cast iron pedestal and clamshell all in one. (8 bolts, 4 13MM and 4 15mm). one side at a time to keep the alignment/assembly in check. its a little tricky, no big deal tho.
take it all out, unbolt the large 18mm bolt and then seperate the clamshell rivets. then bolt it back together and reinstall.
when you put it back in, make sure the 18mm bolt slide thru from the rear off the car with the 18mm nut towards the front. this will allow you to pull out that bolt at a later date if needed without having to take the entire assembly out again or AC/Alt.!
Old 09-24-2007, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

anyone got a p/n for the energy suspension poly mounts, i looked on google and no luck, i go side to side movement bad

i have a poly trans mount and it doesn't vibrate bad i dont think, but i have td's dumped so i think i'll hear/feel that over the tranny
Old 09-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Teching In

You can find the mounts at Summit Racing.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:24 PM
9 Second Club

any of you guys with solid mount notice any false knock?

thanks,
Old 10-01-2007, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tiago
any of you guys with solid mount notice any false knock?

thanks,
+1, good thing to know.