Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with ls6 engine valley cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 04:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with ls6 engine valley cover

im tryin to figure out what plugs into the small tube in the front of the cover. is it just an air draw tube?? i was thinking on "T" off one of the tubes off the valve covers. am i on the right track?
Old 06-03-2003, 05:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: help with ls6 engine valley cover

That would be where the rubber line to your PCV attaches. The valve cover ports are no longer used (except the one that gets fresh air from the TB) cap/plug them.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

so i cap the one on the valve cover and attach the tube from the throttle body to the one on the engine valley cover?
Old 06-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

there is a tube that runs from the TB to about 1/3 of the way back on the passenger side valve cover, that needs to be attached. The small tube at the front of the LS6 valley cover that you are talking about in your original post is for the LS6 pcv system which attaches at the neck of the intake manifold. If you are using LS1 valve covers you need to plug the hole located at the rear of the driver's side valve cover and also plug the tube about 2/3 back on the passenger side valve cover that was used for the LS1 pcv system. These holes are no longer needed for the LS6 pcv system draws air from the engine valley, thus the tube on the front of the LS6 engine valley cover. Check out jmx's site www.ls1howto.com under LS6 pcv upgrade for all the infor and pics you will ever need.

Matt