Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Quick Questions !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Quick Questions !!!

ok, yesterday, I recieved in the mail an Air Temp. Module and a cut out for my car.
First of all, it seems to me like the car is riding smoother with the Air Temp. Module, doesnt seem under as much stress.. Am I just Imagining that or do them Temp. Modules really help?
Second, FOr the cut out, the guy is wanting to put it in the straight run of pipe just before the muffler. Is this correct, I hear they are supposed to go up by the cats.
Thanks.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: 2 Quick Questions !!!

There are alot of people that put there cut out's on the right side before the catback.. If it is not electrical, you may have a hard time getting to it if you place it to far forward.Not sure what type you have but that is a factor.. Hope that helps..
Old 06-05-2003, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

It is a manual cut-out
Thanks
Old 06-05-2003, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The IAC (timing tricker) MOD will increase the timing making the PCM think it is cold out. This can be good and bad at the same time. I personally don't use this due to the fact I have seen most of the time (with a timing increase) you will get KNR (knock) around 3-5 deg and as much as 15 deg during heavy pulls. I would recommend you TAP and watch for this. Otherwise timing (set right) is power.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I put cut-outs right before the rear axle.. There is a convenient spot for it.... It is easy to reach under the car and remove the cap...