Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast Intake and Nuked #7 ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fast Intake and Nuked #7 ???

There has been some speculation that maybe the Fast intake lets #7 run lean and enhances the possibilty of it nuking. Two of my friends have lost #7 piston. I'm getting ready to do a Fast 90 and NW TB. Aside from having my injectors flow tested and putting the richest one in #7, I have another idea that I'd like some comments on.

Tony Mamo, Vengance, and a few others port these intakes, if #7 runner was left unported is there a possibility that if it stayed unported that it might run a little richer and have less chance of detonation? If it's true that air flow from the plenum gives a little FI effect then maye not porting #7 might somewhat balance out the air flow.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Come on guys someone must have some thoughts on this!
Old 10-16-2007, 04:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What your saying makes sense, but there have been many theories on why #7 is usually the one to go. I've yet to see any conclusive evidence as to the root cause of the problem. I don't think anyone really knows for sure why. Some think it's heat from less water flow, others think it runs lean because of the airflow from the manifold, which could be accelerated by boost and/or n2o. I think this is the most likely reason.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:41 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

#7 and #5 always tend to go 1st, What some people do is have their injectors flow benched and put the fattest one on # 7 or even run 1 heat range colder plug there. The stock pistons is the reason why after 530 rwhp that these motors cant stay together....
Old 10-16-2007, 06:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got my Fast 90 ported!!
With the mods in my SIG, anyone else see these problems?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I put my 408 together I tried to address the cooling issue. I cut up the steam tubes put a tee in and connected the rear to the front with a hose. I was really surprised to see how much coolant flows from the rear steam vents.