Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp powerflo muffler IS different than the d/d

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default slp powerflo muffler IS different than the d/d

i called slp yesterday and asked then if the dual/dual was different than the powerflo. he said the powerflo is and updated version based off the dual/dual design BUT the powerflo muffler is louder and flows better. the ring of silence is not the redesign either. i listened to different sound clips and the powerflo is alot louder from what i can tell. i'll post up the vids, one with the dual/dual muffler, LT and ORY and powerflo, LT , ORY here shortly
Old 12-12-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

have a d/d from an 01 ss and the muffler is different than the 2nd d/d(slp powerflo). all the factory installed d/d muffler has an extra baffle in it from 98 to 02.(not referring to the ring of silence baffle). some 00 d/d catbacks that came on the ss/firehawks had the ring of silence and the extra baffle. the 01 d/d that i have, did not have the ring of silence. i also have the 2nd version of the d/d which is called the powerflo(was never installed by slp as an option for the ss/firehawk). the powerflo has the same tail pipes/i pipe/tips and over the axle pipe as the original d/d catback. the mufflers look pretty much identical on the outside. the powerflo muffler does not have the extra baffle nor the ring of silence. i have pics of the insides of the mufflers. once you see it it will be easier to understand. alot of people think there isnt a difference but there is. there is a big difference in sound and i bet it flows better also. think of it as running in a straight line as to running around a wall. which is faster and easier on you? i'll post up the pics. i allready posted the sound clips in on page one. the slp power is not availble anymore from slp(discontinued) but if you go to the clearence section you will see the old slp d/d muffler. they even label it as the queit version
Old 12-12-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sound clips of each one
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FqlFPKhsTaU thats LT ORY and powerflo muffler

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3wZClVDmjAw thats LT ORY and Dual/dual muffler
Old 12-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the power flo with CME, none of this was factory installed. I got to say the CME changes the sound, it even put more drone in the interior.
I have pacesetter lt's and ory and my car used to sound like the top clip, with the cme it sounds like the bottom clip.
I'll sell the muffler back to the cme tips and the bumper valence for $1000 PLUS SHIPPING from 34983. I pipe not included.

Quick Reply: slp powerflo muffler IS different than the d/d