Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

possible X or H

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default possible X or H

this is on a car that will not recieve LT's. that being said, i was wondering if there would be any real gain from puttin an X or H pipe and true duals on my camaro and either leaving my manifolds w/cats on or putting shorties on with the cats.

remember this SS is not gonna have LT's. anyone done this, read about it, heard about it or seen it?
Old 11-18-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an H-pipe with flowmaster single chambers with stock manifold and cats on my SS. power-wise, i dont think i gained a lot. i plan on getting long tubes and taking out the cats later on and i hear that headers are what really make power on these cars. but i really love the sound it makes, nice and deep sounding. if i were you, i wouldn't get shorties, i'd either stick with the stock manifolds or get long tubes, just because you wouldnt gain enough power from shorties to justify the cost of the headers+installation IMO.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Veteran

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by dutinsss
i have an H-pipe with flowmaster single chambers with stock manifold and cats on my SS. power-wise, i dont think i gained a lot. i plan on getting long tubes and taking out the cats later on and i hear that headers are what really make power on these cars. but i really love the sound it makes, nice and deep sounding. if i were you, i wouldn't get shorties, i'd either stick with the stock manifolds or get long tubes, just because you wouldnt gain enough power from shorties to justify the cost of the headers+installation IMO.
well after 18 views i'm happy someone said something hahahaha. living in california limits me so that's why LT's are out of the question and moving isn't an option so thats why i'm either thinkin manifolds w/cats or shorties w/cats. how much of a noise change was there from the set-up you previously had? if any change.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

i gotcha, i'm glad they dont check emmisions where i'm from lol. but yea, there was definately a sound increase, if you get it dumped before the rear axle like i did there will be some interior drone... in between 2000-2500rpm it hits a very low yet loud note that may be annoying to some, but i personally like it loud. another thing you should know is that depending on the shop that runs it, your ground clearance will be worse. i've seen some TD setups with great clearance, but the shop that ran mine left me with not so much lol. so i scrape every now and then, but no damage has been done, so its cool
Old 11-18-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Veteran

LS1Tech 10 Year

ok thank you
Old 11-18-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Have you seen the Bassani setup? I saw a Camaro at a meet that had that and it was very classy. Tons of clearance and it looked like it bolted straight up to the stock cats (i.e. smog legal).

I believe it was an H-pipe but I'm not sure.....

He said he hadn't dynoed it, but it sounded nice.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Veteran

LS1Tech 10 Year

hmmm thank you i'll check that out!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:28 PM
10 Second Club

the bassani tru-duals comes with a x-pipe and hooks to factory 00-02 cats. here's pics of it on my car, back when i had stock manifolds and cats

http://www.stealthram.com/bassanidualexhaust.htm
Old 12-05-2007, 02:42 AM
TECH Veteran

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by mrr23
the bassani tru-duals comes with a x-pipe and hooks to factory 00-02 cats. here's pics of it on my car, back when i had stock manifolds and cats

http://www.stealthram.com/bassanidualexhaust.htm
hmmmm how much did the set-up cost you?
Old 12-05-2007, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

bassani tru duals comes in two different types

aluminized = 779.00
stainless steel = 949.00

http://vincihighperformance.com/fbod...t.html#EXHAUST