Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

catted y for xs headers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default catted y for xs headers?

Does anybody make a catted y for the xs headers yet.i hate the way they sound with the xs ory.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe so. I had to have two Thunderbolt cats welded onto my XS Y-pipe.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have any pics you could post? it looks like it would be very tight on the drivers side.
thanks
Old 11-23-2007, 08:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No pics at the moment. Won't have it in the air anytime soon either. The driver side cat sits between the pipe merge and the portion of the pipe that runs diagonally after the collector. The cat also sits just below the fuel lines. Becasue of that, and for a little piece of mind, I wrapped the fuel lines in a little bit of high temp wrap. Works fine. There's a good 1/2" space between the cat and anything it might come in contact with. I've never had it bang or rub on any parts.

BTW, I picked up the cats on eBay for $60 each and these were the steel core cats... not the ceramic core (sellers name is performance-curve... good seller). The exhaust guy I have my work done at was pissed 'cause he sells the exact same cats, but can't sell them for less than $130 each or he takes a loss. I have @ 4K miles on the headers and Y-pipe and they're working well.

Marc
Old 11-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I had mine built by friends at a local shop. I used the older style Magnaflow/Carsound cats. I was told by Tim at EAD they would give greater rasp reduction.