Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running hooker LTs with a Loudmouth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running hooker LTs with a Loudmouth?

This might have been covered before, but I did a couple of searches and couldnt find the info I was looking for. Like the subject says, who has the hooker LTs w/ the LM. I have heard that it gets really loud, but I used to have a LT1 with wideopen Borla and it didnt bother me. I know a lot of people will say dump the LM, but I definately can't afford headers and a new exhaust, anyway I like the LM. Has anyone put cats in the y-pipe or do you have to run ORPs with the hooker LTs. As long as it sounds good on the outside, I dont care about the inside noise. I am planning on taking out the interior and putting down some sound deadening stuff.(found a good post on it in another forum) So what are the views of the people with this setup? Thanks
Old 06-20-2003, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Anyone running hooker LTs with a Loudmouth?

To get a catted Y-pipe with hooker/jet-hot headers just have a shop custum fab one ($100-$150 usually) and have them use a pair of ($120/pr) carsound cats. That is what I am doing, my Jet-Hots are in the mail now (same thing as hookers) and I can't wait to hear my loudmouth through them and the carsounds. The Loudmouth should sound bad@ss with cats on LT headers if you like it stock. I hear it will be a little louder at idle and low RPM and MUCH louder at WOT I will have this all together in two to three weeks and should have videos to boot
Old 06-20-2003, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going to be running the same set-up as blkz28spt: Hooker longtubes, Y with CarSound high-flow cats, and Loudmouth. I'm hoping to have it all done Monday, so I'll let you know then and see if I can get some good soundclips.

Josh
Old 06-20-2003, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply. Also, how important is it to get the headers coated. I mean it is about $220 more for the coated ones. Is it real important for the performance, or more of an appearance thing.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the reply. Also, how important is it to get the headers coated. I mean it is about $220 more for the coated ones. Is it real important for the performance, or more of an appearance thing.
The coating doesn't help performance much at all, but it is better to keep the heat in. It does a lot of things.
1) Slows the effect of salt on the headers. better longevity
2) Looks really nice
3) Keeps underhood temps down
4) less likely to burn/melt things next to them such as heater boxes or plug wires, etc.
Yeah, if I had bought Hookers they would be uncoated but the Jet-Hots were only $511 shipped on the GP price
If you can afford it, get them coated especially since Jet-Hot coatings are really really good.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

I'm going to be running the same set-up as blkz28spt: Hooker longtubes, Y with CarSound high-flow cats, and Loudmouth. I'm hoping to have it all done Monday, so I'll let you know then and see if I can get some good soundclips.

Josh

That sounds great! Keep us informed of what you think/how you like and how the install went. I am wondering how long/hard it will be for me and a buddy I havn't done anything quite that in depth before but prefer to do everything on my car then I know it was done right. Also, I HATE leaving my car with people
Old 06-21-2003, 12:45 AM
Teching In

I have just recieved my Y pipe to go with my Hooker LT's but on the other side I am running the Slp FireHawk Exhaust. I am hoping to install the setup myself starting this weekend! I Have a post on page 1 or 2 of this forum. Plz anyone how has knowledge of Header install plz stop by my post and drop a line Name is R01ws6 BTW BlackZ.... where in Indiana are ya at?
Old 06-21-2003, 03:46 AM
Staging Lane

i just got my jet-hots with y-pipe and havin them installed today, ill have it dyno tuned on monday or tuesday, i have the LM so im guessin its gona be LOUD
Old 06-21-2003, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

i just took off my hookers, ory, and loudmouth combo. it is certainly very loud when you jump on it and also VERY raspy. if it wasnt raspy, it would sound killer.
Old 06-21-2003, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

i just took off my hookers, ory, and loudmouth combo. it is certainly very loud when you jump on it and also VERY raspy. if it wasnt raspy, it would sound killer.
That is why it is important to run CATALYTIC CONVERTERS!! They kill rasp
Old 06-21-2003, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

just got the LTs with Y-pipe on and its really loud... the SES light did not turn on tho. does it take time before it does?