Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JAAM ram air or FTRA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand how the JAAM "seals" when you have 3 big gaping holes in it? The BGRA sealed much better and had a shaped Venturi design. Has Fast Toys done any independent testing or are you just going by the inventors claims? Thanks,

Larry
Old 11-25-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The BGRA came with 3 rubber plugs to fill the holes on under side of air box,after you install kit inside nostrils.

The bottom part of the JAAM kit that uses the bottom nostrils does not force air in, only directs it toward airbox.(fasttoys website)
Old 11-26-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

so has anyone done any real world testing or do we just know what the people who made it say?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:29 PM
FormerVendor

All test info was supplied by the manufacturer. They conducted tests with a pressure guage installed in the intake tract. Unfortunately, the tracks are closed and there is snow on the ground here so we cannot conduct any testing of our own.

If someone wants to do before and after testing at the track, email us and we can make arrangements to give you a discount in exchange for your time.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

i would take you up on that if we had a better track here, ive heard its just ok. and if it was open on more nights because i think its only open on friday night and i work then. but if someone else would do it, that would be really nice to know!
Old 12-10-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

its been awhile since anyone has posted on here and i was just wondering if anyone had done any testing on these 2 yet to see what was better...
Old 12-10-2007, 01:10 PM
FormerVendor

We highly doubt anyone is going to purchase both kits to see which is better. We really don't see them as competitors. People that have WS6 cars that didn't already buy the FTRA did so because they wanted to keep their hood functional. For those people, the JAAM is the only choice. Thanks
Old 12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have a WS.6 but dont know if it would really work better than the FTRA.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:13 PM
FormerVendor

We don't believe it's going to work better than an FTRA but it certainly will work a lot better than stock.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camaro_fanatic2003
according to the FTRA, the hood doesnt get enough air going through it to make a difference. it says that the air goes up and over the hood and hits the windshield and misses the hood all together. but then again, thats what the company trying to sell the product is saying. just wondering if anyone had some experience of their own.
You may be right on this but I think it was pointed more toward the SS than the WS6. Our ram air inlet is in the middle of the hood while the WS6 is on the leading edge. This would enable it to "capture" (for lack of a better term) the air better at higher speeds.

I hated not using the functionality of my hood but after the reading the aricle of some testing done by GMHTP heat soak and the deflection of air made me go with the FTRA.

Quick Reply: JAAM ram air or FTRA?