Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust cutout wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 01:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust cutout wiring question

ok yes i did do the search to find out some of this but i am still a litle unclear because i am a noob on all of this. i have a qtp electric exhaust cutout on the way and i am not to sure how to wire it. correct me if i am wrong. the electric cutout will have 2 wires. One of them has to be spliced into a wire of your choice already in the car. and the second must be grounded?
Old 12-05-2007, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

scotch lock the ground onto an existing ground and scotch lock onto the cigarette lighter.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Launching!

is scotch lock the same thing as splicing the wires together?
Old 12-06-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

no a scotch lock you put on the existing wire from the car and put the wire from your cutout in it then clamp down and your good to go... its pretty much self explanatory once you see it. just go to the depot and ask for scotch locks... the blue ones is what you need.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its incredibly easy to wire a cutout. If you are putting it in the I-pipe under the rear passenger seat, just run the wires through a grommet there that is right under the seat. Under the carpet and up to the dash where you want the switch.

Then:

1. Ground it to anywhere on the car. I used the ground wire to my TCS switch.

2. Wire the positive wire to the PINK wire on your traction control harness (TCS button for trans am or ASR button if Camaro). Even if you don't have traction control, the harness is still back there and you can still tap into it.

This way proved to be the easiest way for me and I searched and read about it quite a bit before I went through with it. Mine is the McCord and has worked this way flawlessly for nearly 2 years now.

Quick Reply: exhaust cutout wiring question