Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa + TRex...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa + TRex...

I like it a lot, but my 4400 stall doesn't help it. I need to get the car to cold start and idle a little quieter. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking a Magnaflow round muffler in the I-pipe. How do you guys think this will work? The car has a TRex, so I couldn't really run cats, so I went with an ORY. The cats would have worked brilliantly in sound control but, since they are absent, I need to seek out other alternatives.

Thanks.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:27 AM
TECH Resident

have you tried bringing it to the dyno again and getting the idle retuned? and a magnaflow muffler would be good to help keep the noise down at idle...is this a d/d?
Old 12-24-2007, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bryan04h
have you tried bringing it to the dyno again and getting the idle retuned? and a magnaflow muffler would be good to help keep the noise down at idle...is this a d/d?
Why would I want to retune the idle?

This car isn't a daily, at the moment. I still have the T/A and I plan on getting rid of it as soon as I get the SS where I want it.

Thanks, I think I will be buying a Magnaflow round very soon.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well beings u like it so much im going to say moroso spiral flow. ive had 4 diff set ups infront of my corsa (i love the tips) and that one by far sounded the best. i myself have finally gave up on toning down the corsa and bought the dual dual muffler to replace the corsa one.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Without a doubt DNA muffler in the I pipe!

Old 12-24-2007, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLK02TA
Without a doubt DNA muffler in the I pipe!

Any sound clips of that? Do you have this setup?
Old 12-24-2007, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
well beings u like it so much im going to say moroso spiral flow. ive had 4 diff set ups infront of my corsa (i love the tips) and that one by far sounded the best. i myself have finally gave up on toning down the corsa and bought the dual dual muffler to replace the corsa one.
I think the spiralflows would be my last choice. I had them before, I liked the way they sounded, but I want to keep it stainless. If I get a stainless spiralflow it's nearly $100. I can get a magnaflow for much much less.

I would have to hear a spiral flow in person or at least a video before I made a decision. It's not entirely out since I have no clue how much of an effect it would have on the sound of the car.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:48 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroSS
I think the spiralflows would be my last choice. I had them before, I liked the way they sounded, but I want to keep it stainless. If I get a stainless spiralflow it's nearly $100. I can get a magnaflow for much much less.

I would have to hear a spiral flow in person or at least a video before I made a decision. It's not entirely out since I have no clue how much of an effect it would have on the sound of the car.
i have a lm2 bullet in my i pipe now because i also wanted to keep it all stainless and wish i would have gone back to the stainless spiral flow. it sounded way better. i havent heard a magnaflow in front of the corsa though.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

i have a lm2 bullet in my i pipe now because i also wanted to keep it all stainless and wish i would have gone back to the stainless spiral flow. it sounded way better. i havent heard a magnaflow in front of the corsa though.
Do you have any sound clips of your previous setup?
Old 12-25-2007, 05:06 PM
9 Second Club

Do you have any sound clips of your previous setup?
no unfortunately. it honestly sounded damn near identical as it did with the stock y/ manifolds until i hit the loud pedal to the floor.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

no unfortunately. it honestly sounded damn near identical as it did with the stock y/ manifolds until i hit the loud pedal to the floor.
Well my friend, you just sold me. I have been looking to have the car sounding the way my Trans Am with Corsa sounded.

So does it have a "gun shot" sound when you start it? I will get that muffler on the car next week if it didn't. The Magnaflow was a gamble of "would it work". I would rather just go with something that works.

Thanks.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a borla XR1 maybe?
Old 12-26-2007, 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tainted
a borla XR1 maybe?
As far as I can tell, there is no difference between a Borla XR-1 and a Magnaflow round, other than about $40-50 in price. haha

I ordered a stainless Spiralflow from Summit.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:40 PM
9 Second Club

Well my friend, you just sold me. I have been looking to have the car sounding the way my Trans Am with Corsa sounded.

So does it have a "gun shot" sound when you start it? I will get that muffler on the car next week if it didn't. The Magnaflow was a gamble of "would it work". I would rather just go with something that works.

Thanks.
i know on my car it took out 90% of the rasp and basiclly all the pop. i wish i still had it but at the time they didnt have a stainless one and i wanted all stainless.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:51 PM
9 Second Club

this is all i was able to find. no cold start up but a pretty good idea of the whole sound range.