Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers question

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers question

Alright I've decided for sure to get the pacesetter headers. Who has them and do you like them? Now I don't want the y-pipe thinking bout getting a custom x-pipe anyone have any opinions on it and will it make a big difference? What kind of gains should I expect from the exhaust hp and tq? my brother was asking me bout ebay headers but I told him I wouldn't mess with them since you don't know the quality or manufacturer. Anyone want to chime in?
Old 12-23-2007, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

no one has anything to say?
Old 12-23-2007, 11:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them. They were very easy to install. I used their y-pipe and I get no banging at all with it. Everything went together pretty easy. You will notice the power in the upper RPM range. It pulls much harder than it did before.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Resident

don't mess with ebay hearders...and pacesetter is a good choice for a header...are you planning on duals?(xpipe) and you should expect anywhere from 20-25 at the wheels..since you are rolling with a 98 z you should check into getting a ls6 intake as well..get a hell of a lot better flow
Old 12-24-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

sorry for off topic question. do you have a plan to pass inspection in CA with LT headers?
Old 12-24-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have pacesetter headers with emissions. I have nothing bad to say about them, period. They installed very easy, and I would gladly buy them again (Race version this time around however). My only complaint is that the collector is NOT very long, and my TSP Duals have a tough time seating properly (that's a combo of short collector and the band clamp that I have). I will fix that by triming some of the duals back so that the collector section will sit further back. Other than that the TSP system bolted right up and I have good clearance. I didn't have to touch my k-member, just ground off the casting tab, and I could've avoided that by just getting the car about a half a foot higher. I have a header thread in my sig you might wanna check out. Good luck.

-J
Old 12-24-2007, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by massls1guy
sorry for off topic question. do you have a plan to pass inspection in CA with LT headers?

I don't really have a plan on the visual but I'm putting cats on my x-pipe so it will pass the sniffer at least. a lot of smog places don't know much or car about visual. I'm sick of it everyone around here has them and manages.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bryan04h
don't mess with ebay hearders...and pacesetter is a good choice for a header...are you planning on duals?(xpipe) and you should expect anywhere from 20-25 at the wheels..since you are rolling with a 98 z you should check into getting a ls6 intake as well..get a hell of a lot better flow
I want duals thats why I'm gonna go with an x-pipe I hope it fits under there fine and no banging. I think our cars should have come with duals from factory! I'll wait to find a ls6 for about 300 in a couple of months this exhaust is gonna cost me more than I thought, headers, x pipe, extensions, cats, muffler and a tune.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the pacesetters also!! they are a great header! best bang for the buck also. no regrets!!! it pulls all up the rpm range. it has really waken up my car big time. good fit. no issues with the pacesetters y pipe.