Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valley Cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Valley Cover

Has anybody had any issues with the valley cover leaking. Ive got a leak coming from the top of the motor by the OPSU. Dont know if its the gasket but im ganna take off the intake and check it out. I felt around back there and the OPSU didnt seem to be broken. Just a little stumpped.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes...mine leaked around both knock sensor seals (the top seals where the wire goes through). This was on an LS6 valley cover as well...my stock valley cover didn't leak at all. I just tried to seal it up with some RTV, and I'll be pulling the intake again shortly to see what it looks like. There was a fair amount of oil under there though...and I'm not sure why this valley cover leaked.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, I just got done swapping out the valley cover gasket and it was leaking pretty bad from the back side of the pass head. Wasnt too bad to swap out, just a pain having to take off the intake and all..... Now I gotta work on the oil pan leak!