Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird noise when charging battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird noise when charging battery

Hey guys well my trans am has been put away since right after halloween. I have charged the battery once and it was fine and charged right up. Well about an hour ago I went to put the charger on it and I hear a weird almost knocking noise and the more juice I give the charger the louder/faster it gets. The needle also jumps slightly like its loseing juice somewhere and when I disconnect the charger it still makes the noise for about 5-6 secs coming to a slow hault. It is coming from the drivers side and I cant pin point where its coming from but it sounds like the alternator area. I did pull the battery out completely and I will charge it now but thenoise is new to me and I have no idea what it is. I have not moved the car so its not like something came loose.
I hope someone knows what im talking about. It is like a knocking noise but I dont know where from.

lets see what you guys have to say.
Thanks guys I need to omove the car soon and I hope the noise is gone with a full charge on the battery.

quadd

Quick Reply: weird noise when charging battery