Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

egr mod remove completely or cut.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default egr mod remove completely or cut.

hey guys i was wondering about the egr mod. i have heard of people completely removing the egr and i looked on install university and they didn't do that, they just cut off the portion that protrudes down into intake. in that case it just smooths out airflow and doesn't eliminate it. there are no emmissions around here and don't think there will be for quite some time so should i just block it off and totally eliminate it or keep it. i would like the extra room to work too. I read somewhere that after a certain cam duration and lift it is rendered useless anyways, is there any truth to this? what do you guys think i should do?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cutting the tube into the intake is just a free mod to help smooth out the air flow and to remove the blockage that it creates. You can just take it out and get a rubber freeze plug from an auto parts store to cover the hole. I have a 98 and when I disconnected mine it wouldn't run, but I'm not sure on the 99up if they do the same. It will throw a SES light/code if you do not have it tuned out. I just had mine tuned out along with everything else that needed to be tuned out. You don't need it unless you have a problem with emissions which you stated isn't a problem. Hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

k thanks for the reply man appreciate much
Old 01-08-2008, 11:32 PM
11 Second Club

I ditched mine, but thats becasue I swapped on an LS6 intake which didn't have an opening for the EGR. Just had to get some block off plates for my headers. And yeah I threw a code after the second start up, but I'm planning on getting the car tuned soon and get rid of the SES light.

Search this Thread