Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy misfire...im stumped

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Crazy misfire...im stumped

Ive got this insane misfire problem I have no clue whats going on. It all started damn near september or somewhere along there. I actually made a thread on here awhile back about it. I was at the carwash one day and left the car running and lightly sprayed under the hood to clean things off. This issue is really beginning to **** me off. I have pulled the pcm out, injector harness clips, coil packs, plugs/wires changed. I cleaned all the electrical stuff with electric cleaner. All the moisture seals in the coil pack connectors, injector connectors, all were in great shape. When you start the car it has a HORRIBLE miss like practically running on 4 cylinders it seems like. After you drive the car for 15 min or so it goes away. SOon as you shut it back off and turn the car on its back everytime. We had some really warm weather here a few days ago, it's very obvious in warmer temps it lasts alot longer. When I drove the car in 20 degree temps a couple weeks ago it doesnt last near as long. Any ideas?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any codes?? Plug wires tight? Maybe a sensor got fouled, even though the connections are good. Maybe you should post this in the PCM/Electrical section as well.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by '00_Z
Any codes?? Plug wires tight? Maybe a sensor got fouled, even though the connections are good. Maybe you should post this in the PCM/Electrical section as well.
What sensors could have gotten screwed up? Iwill post in pcm/electrical as well