Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hookers or pacesetters???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hookers or pacesetters???

i'm going to buy headers soon. anyone have comments on which headers have the best fitment? probably gonna go with 1 3/4 primaries and 3in collectors.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most on here go with the cheapest they can afford, I personally choose the Hookers. They fit very well and isntalled easily, contrary to popular judgement.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I talked to several people with Hookers before I bought mine and they all said they fit great and had no probs with install. They also said they tuck up nice which is important to me since I am lowered. Having said that mine are sitting in my living room as I gather all my stuff to do H/C, intake, ehaust, oil pump, TC etc.. all at once so I can only pass along what I have heard. I wanted SS and they were 519$ from one of our sponsers. Not bad compared to some other SS headers. The quality and collector design looks good too. I heard good things about Pacesetters too so I don't think you will go wrong with either one. I just wanted SS so I went with Hooker.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

yea i think i'm gonna go with the hookers too. did yall have a problem with the ory bumping the floorboard?
Old 01-13-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

The guys I talked to never mentioned any probs bumping the floorboard. I am gonna do poly motor mounts at the same time which I think eliminates that issue 99% of the time.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

I was going to go with pacesetters at first. All i have heard about them is how good of fitment and bang for the buck they are. Only problem with both of those headers...you are going to see surface rust very quickly if your car is in the weather much. If i was you...id go with a set of stainless if you got the money. I was going with ceramic coated at first until i saw a 5 month old set rusted. Go stainless if you got the money.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RareBreed0295
I was going to go with pacesetters at first. All i have heard about them is how good of fitment and bang for the buck they are. Only problem with both of those headers...you are going to see surface rust very quickly if your car is in the weather much. If i was you...id go with a set of stainless if you got the money. I was going with ceramic coated at first until i saw a 5 month old set rusted. Go stainless if you got the money.

I agree, that is why I got hooker SS. I got them from T-byrne and was the cheapest SS could find. Just couldn't justify spending $170 more for the next cheapest SS header I could find even if the collector was a little better. Plus the Hookers are supposed to fit great. I think they will work out good when I get them on.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

I couldnt pass up the deal i got from Marylandspeed. They had the best deal on them by far.