Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with my shopping list - Pacesetter install

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with my shopping list - Pacesetter install

A buddy and I are going to install some pacesetters and an ORY starting Wed. night and I need to make sure I have everything I'll need. Oh yeh, this is going to mate up to a Borla catback so if anyone has that setup let me know if there is anything i should know about the install.

So here is my current shopping list:
Muffler tape - wrap connections before clamping for better seal
Bolt penetrating spray
Freeze plug - for ls1 intake, have an ls6 but its getting painted

I'm thinking ratcheting wrenches would help a ton, but I don't want to pay $80 for a complete set. What are some of the sizes I'll need? 8, 10, 13mm?

Any advice/help is appreciated
Old 01-29-2008, 09:21 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah get yourself a 10mm ratchet wrench. you will need a few extensions for your ratchet if you are taking off your EGR/AIR system. did you get some band clamps? because the U clamps pacesetter sends you suck *****.... i picked some up at Napa they look and work really well. oh and that PB blaster penetrating spray is your best friend . youll need to get something to plug up the small vacuum tube if you remove your AIR system also. and if this is your first time plan to take a whole day and probably night to do it... take into consideration it gets dark earlier now.

hope this helps -- i did mine about 4 or 5 weeks ago with one friend and have never done it before... it took a long time but for the most part it was easy.. just be patient.

| Freeman |
Old 01-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Launching!

Only 10mm ratchet wrench? Any other sizes necessary?

Yeh the guy that sold me the headers gave me 3 nice band clamps (not sure if he got them with the pacesetters or seperately). He said to use muffler tape under them to ensure no leaks.

What did you plug the vacuum tube with?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

yeah a 10mm ratchet wrench is the only ratchet wrench i used.. on some header bolts i had to change to a ratchet with socket.

yeah that should ensure a good seal. remember to retighten the header bolts after its been running for a while.

i went to autozone and picked up some vacuum caps. i got the smallest size possible - http://www.autozone.com/R,NONAPP1525...ductDetail.htm this is an assortment of them... but i just got the smallest which was like $2... some ppl just use a small screw but hey i had a few bucks to spare lol. did you get a plug for the air box yet?
Old 01-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Launching!

No plug for the airbox yet, I didn't think I had a line running off that. I'll have to look.