Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals????

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duals????

ok well im tired of the Y pipe cutout thing, and im wanting true duals. How much am i looking at spending??? one shop quoted me 600 bucks for just the duals from the headers back, running magnaflow bullets. How much did you guys pay and can i see some pics of your setups.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

got my dynomax xpipe and 2 bullets for 180...used that is my headers were free...and did the welding and installation myself...find some cheap dynomax bullets and x pipe or buy new from summit for a lil over 200 shipped i think than a 3-400 dollar headers and find a friend to help you weld and hang them and youll have 5-600 in headers TD's total..i have a couple sound clips of my duals if you want to hear them..no pics though

unless you go with an over the axle setup your going to have to give up some ground clearance with duals...we werent talented enough to do the over the axles ourselves so i had to sacrifice some ground clearance...but i dont plan on ever lowering the car so its not a big deal to me....duals been on about 3 weeks and havent scraped on anything yet...i just avoid speed bumps if at all possible and if i do go over them i creep!!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Regular

The only place that I know that does all the custom work all the way back to tips is Speed Inc. Thats where I'm getting mine done the second that I can get my new car. I think its around $1,199 for an X-pipe, Mufflers, Tips, and all Custom Instillation. An up to the axle setup isnt bad though on a Camaro but the over the axle I would care more about on a TA because of the slots for tips in the rear bumper.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the tips problem is easily take car of with a bracket/welder...never know the difference
Old 02-06-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Second Club

i bought my TDs from Texas Speed they cost 400 bucks and is easy to install

-brandon