Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grotyohann headers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grotyohann headers?

I have 1 3/4 GRotyohann headers on my 99 SS; actually I bought them from Roger Grotyohann back in 2000. I bought his y-pipe also. The y-pipe rusted out and I have to get another this season, but my questions is this: does anyone know if the headers are Stainless? My headers look like the coating is peeling or something and it looks like there might be surface corrosion, I have to look again. I have been thinking about replacing the headers with like Kooks or ARE because the y-pipe I have need replacing anyway, but I have no complaints with my Grotts. What is the quality difference between the Grotts and say Kooks, QTP or ARE? Should I just keep my existing Grotts, have then Jet Hot coated or something...or replace them? My biggest question is if GRotyohann headers are stainless.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine are mild steel, and coated, they are from around that same time period. (I am the third owner of them.

Ryan
Old 02-24-2008, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They are not stainless, but are coated. I bought my car with them, they have about 12K miles on them and about 4 years. They look great.

Quick Reply: Grotyohann headers?