Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

simple exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simple exhaust question

i got my LM2, o/r Y and SLP LTs installed today! i can definitely feel a power increase from the stock exhaust. would a tune make a difference or would it be better to wait until i get my cam in a few months?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Definitely wait until you get a cam in.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

the only thing is, i might have the cam in next month or it could be 3 or 4 months away! would you still wait? ill be using the same tuner by the way so it wont be nearly as much for the cam tune
Old 03-04-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

id get it tuned now, thats what im doing lts/ory and a tune. this way u know exactly how much u picked up off the cam ;D and it also will run nice until u do get cam
Old 03-04-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

You might look around at some shops and see what they charge for a retune after the initial tune. Some just charge dyno time, and so do the next tune for free. But if you're unsure, then I would wait until after the cam goes in. Unless you want to know the hp increases for each set of mods..
Old 03-04-2008, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tripps
You might look around at some shops and see what they charge for a retune after the initial tune. Some just charge dyno time, and so do the next tune for free. But if you're unsure, then I would wait until after the cam goes in. Unless you want to know the hp increases for each set of mods..
actually a local shop said theyd charge a lil more for the first tune and little to nothing for every tune after that! although they said the tune for the heads would be a bit more, not sure why though?

the biggest thing was i didnt know if it would make any significant difference w/ or w/o the tune?