Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter Headers

Hello all... First off I am a complete moron when it comes to anything with cars but I bought a 02 z28 and want to change the whole moron thing. I have read the sticky's and all on Headers and so on but I a question that I didnt run across.

1st: I live in hawaii and we have no emission laws here
I am thinking of buying pacesetter headers and I know there is something to do with the o2 sensor on different years of the camaro's but I read that the 02 models that you dont have to worry about the sensor or whatever when installing headers. Is this true?

Also what type of pacesetter's would you suggest well incase they do infact have a race version is why I am asking.

Also in regards to the tsp true dual setup I have only seen these with turn downs. Here in hawaii the tips have to extend to the bumper so ... should I scratch the true dual idea and start over?

I plan on using pacesetter headers, tsp true dual setup w/ 2 dynomax bullets.

Thanks in advanced and if I am reposting question that have been asked before my bad. I had a few so thought I'd might as well put them all together
Old 03-05-2008, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Go true duals and find a shop that will customize an over the axle setup so your tips can come out the back
Old 03-05-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, there are race only versions with no emissions provisions. You can use the true dual setup and just make the pipes run all the way back, that's not a big deal.

As far as the O2 sensors, you will need 2 extensions to hook up the front O2 sensors after the headers and y pipe are installed and just get the rears tuned out. The rear O2 sensors are not necessary for the operation of the car as they are only to test how well the cats are working. The front sensors however are used by the computer to determine the rich-ness/lean-ness of the exhaust exiting the motor and it then determines if it needs more fuel, spark etc
Old 03-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Teching In

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me you nailed it with your answer on the o2 sensors that was what I was really worried about...

thanks much for all the replies