Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true duals under axle question about tailpipes.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default true duals under axle question about tailpipes.

Hey guys, when you go under the axle how far below should you have the pipes below the axle? Say the car is on a 4 arm lift so the shocks let the axle drop all the way down. Should I have the pipes barley touching the axle so that when the car is on the ground the axle will go up and away from the pipes? I was thinking if car was on a drive on lift and put the pipes close to the axle then if the car was ever jacked up then the axle would hit the pipes.. The lift is a 4 arm I think so how should we position the pipes?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:14 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would think that you would probably need around 2-3". You won't drag them on a speed bump, so it would probably be ok to have them lower than you would normally want them. Any reason you don't want over the axle?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea because I can't find a shop anywhere around here that will do it over the axle. They all say it's impossible. That was even after I showed them a pic of one that was over the axle. Pretty much they are too damn lazy to try to do the over the axle
Old 03-06-2008, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
I would think that you would probably need around 2-3". You won't drag them on a speed bump, so it would probably be ok to have them lower than you would normally want them. Any reason you don't want over the axle?
you say two or three inches? Do you mean from the ground or have the pipes two or three inches below the axle while the weight is off the car like on a 4 arm lift?
Old 03-06-2008, 02:39 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol from the axle.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would say if you have the shocks fully extended then tuck the pipes up tight cause unless you jump the car it will never exstend all the way while driving only while lifted...just make sure it dont interfear while lifted and tuck as tight as you feel comfitable with.