Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ti-tech vs. Ceramic

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008 | 09:19 PM
Teching In

Default Ti-tech vs. Ceramic

Ok I am going to pick up a set of Edelbrock LTs and am wondering if the ceramic is worth the few extra bucks. I know the SS is better but I want something left in the 401k, so its Edelbrock with HP tuners for less than most SS header set ups. The ti-tech look fine to me so the ceramic upgrade would be more about durability and heat reduction than looks. My car is not a DD and rarely sees rain, so if the ceramic has a better chance of holding up let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2008 | 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

in the long run seramic or ss would be the way to go . if it is about performance then some header wrap would only put you down $50 .
Old 03-07-2008 | 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Header wrap will make your headers rust quicker.
Old 03-08-2008 | 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have Ti-Tech EB headers, and i have surface rust. If i would have known, i would have gone ceramic or even better SS.
Old 03-08-2008 | 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

SS + Ceramic for longevity and looks, SS for simple longevity.

If you don't care about discoloration and plan to keep the headers on there for a long time, there's no doubt that stainless is the way to go.

Aren't XS headers relatively cheap now for stainless? QTP or Kooks may fair better in some little details, but headers are headers and will net you good gains over stock.
Old 03-08-2008 | 03:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mssingkid
I have Ti-Tech EB headers, and i have surface rust. If i would have known, i would have gone ceramic or even better SS.
Is the rust down near the collectors are generally all over?
Thanks,
Old 03-08-2008 | 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aerotest
Is the rust down near the collectors are generally all over?
Thanks,
For the most part it's all over. Since i have to pull my motor out i'm debating on keeping them, and sanding the rust off, or getting a set of XS(?) headers. Can't beat Stainless, esp since i'm in the north east.

Don't get me wrong, they are GREAT headers for the money, just avoid the Ti-Tech.
Old 03-09-2008 | 08:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mssingkid
For the most part it's all over. Since i have to pull my motor out i'm debating on keeping them, and sanding the rust off, or getting a set of XS(?) headers. Can't beat Stainless, esp since i'm in the north east.

Don't get me wrong, they are GREAT headers for the money, just avoid the Ti-Tech.
After hearing that I think I am going with Ceramic. I was leaning towards ARH the whole time but 1300 for a set of headers is just to much. For the price of the ceramic and a Y I can get HP tuners in addition.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-09-2008 | 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have Ti-Tech Edelbrock LT's, and they are great headers BUT the Ti-tech coating is not as good as the ceramic coating. For being a paint it holds up pretty well though. Most of the surface rust i have is down on the collectors, but i still have small dots of rust coming up the primaries as well. I would spend the extra on ceramic coating.
Old 03-11-2008 | 08:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigKap94z
I have Ti-Tech Edelbrock LT's, and they are great headers BUT the Ti-tech coating is not as good as the ceramic coating. For being a paint it holds up pretty well though. Most of the surface rust i have is down on the collectors, but i still have small dots of rust coming up the primaries as well. I would spend the extra on ceramic coating.

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Ti-tech vs. Ceramic