Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES on SLP Header Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES on SLP Header Install

I have a 2000 TA WS6. Just did an SLP Long Tube Header Install with new Y" Pipe & Random Tech Cats. I also have Corsa cat-backs, LS1 lid (soon to be the Raptor hood and RAM Air setup from Sun Coast) 160 stat. I love the new power and especialy the sound these things make, its awesome, but I am experencing a SES light and have no way to see what the code is. From what I have read, this is "normal" with LT Headers? Any suggestions of how to proceed? Anyone in Austin want to hook up and compare notes?

Thanks,

Dan

2000 TA WS6
M6, SLP LT, Random Cats, Corsa CB, !CAGS, !EGR, 160stat, Whisper Air Lid.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: SES on SLP Header Install

When I installed my SLP headers I got an SES light after a couple of miles of driving. I had it scanned and I turned out to be a Heater Circuit on one of the O2s. I cleared the code and never had a problem again. That was about a year and a half ago.

I got my code checked at Autozone. They check codes for free. I'm not sure if you have any Autozones in Auston. If not, check with some other auto parts stores, they my check codes for free.

Good Luck,

Jim
Old 07-21-2003, 12:51 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: SES on SLP Header Install

I had SES soon after the install. Postcat O2 codes were dealt with using Sims. The nagging passenger side precat O2 (insufficient switching) code would come and go as it pleased. I would clear it with the Predator, but it would always come back. I finally had it deleted with Ls1Edit during the dyno tune session.