Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Conditioning not working.... need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 11:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Air Conditioning not working.... need help

After my most recent cam install, my car's A/C has ceased to function. I am really not sure why. I did not discharge the coolant and took a lot of care to not kink/bend the lines. The clutch on the AC pulley does not engage when the system is turned on... the source of the problem I am sure.

So how do I troubleshoot this?

-Is it possibly a vacuum problem from the bigger cam? (224/.562/112)

- Or is this system electrical? I did accidentally make contact with a wrench between the + terminal of the battery and the AC accumulator resulting in a spark shower.

Any suggestions are welcomed as always. Please help me fix this.... it is hot here and really sucky without AC. Thanks!!
Old 07-27-2003, 12:17 AM
12 Second Club

Default Re: Air Conditioning not working.... need help

Check fuses and check to see if the compressor connector itself came off somehow or the cycling switch connector.
Old 07-27-2003, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

yah check the wires. there is one connector that goes into the a/c compressor. if it still don't work take it out ane consider it weight reduction
Old 07-28-2003, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

First thing is check your fuses.Then check for 12v at the compressor plug with the key on and the ac switch on. Then check for a ground on the other wire. If you do not have power check to make sure the low pressure switch is plugged in also check for power into and out of it. IF you have power out of the low pressure switch and not at the compressor then in between you have a bad wire. Fords seem to have a real problem with the pig tails that plug into the compressors looks fine but no continuity from the wire to the plug.
just my .02
Old 07-28-2003, 07:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Kind of a long shot, but after my header install my air tube rubbed a hole in my high pressure tube. the raised location of the air tube puts the two lines in direct contact. if so part # at gm parts direct is 10282758. chris