Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed a borla and I got a question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just installed a borla and I got a question

I just installed a borla that I bought used. It is the adjustable borla with the plates. I was running a cut out. Should the borla with no plate be almost as loud as the cut out? My cut out seemed to be way louder than the borla with no plate. Is that normal? I figured the Borla would be almost as loud with out a plate in it.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

The cutout will still be louder than a open borla. One reason is because the cutout is closer to headers. The farther the exhaust travels the less loud it becomes. This is why dumps are louder than over the axle and out the back. Also a portion of the exhaust still goes through the muffler even with the open plate.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

I am going to be installing longtubes and an of road y pipe in a couple weeks is why I went ahead and installed a borla cat back. I didn't want the car to be abnoxiuosly loud. I am sure after the headers and y pipe it will be louder right? I do like the way the borla soulds I was just wondering why it seemed even other people with borlas seemd louder also.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Longtubes and no cats is LOUD, even through my Borla with a med plate. You can hear me coming from a ways away.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, if you want louder that is what you will get once you have you Lts on. The other borla systems you heard probably had lts. My friends T/A had Lts, ory, borla, and it was very noticeable. There was a big difference between the stock manifolds vs. lts with the borla. You may even want to run a different plate once the headers go on.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:13 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to have borla with no plate and cutout. It was definitely louder with the cutout open. which I left off all the time. Pipes were apparently just for show.