Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kooks vs qtp's

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

QTP's. I just bought a slightly used set of race style and I had read about the leaky collectors, so I looked at both very closely with a light and sure enough, one primary on each collector was missing about 3/4" of weld and you could see daylight through it. Its on the inside where they all meet so its pretty much impossible to get to with the welder. Still I want to go with these headers so I brought it to a buddy and he put a torch on it and some stainless rod to try to cover them up, doesnt look pretty but you can't see that part anyways and no more daylight through it, so hopefully they dont leak. Im sure they would have if I hadnt checked it out first and just threw them on the car.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
I think all you guys were giving Choco a hard time before he even got in the thread so that being said I think QTPs are a good header, polished is very nice. I have read way more than one instance of leaky collectors tho and I think their y pipe is poop. I say if your gonna use a custom y or duals, roll the dice and maybe you'll get some solid ones. I'm with LS2 bait on their customer service, not so good. This is only from what I have read several times tho. Most of the fast guys I know (8-10 second cars) use Kooks. If they were really leaving any power on the table I'm sure they'd switch. You just can't go wrong with Kooks. ARHs are relatively new and haven't seen any 1st hand.
most people use the kooks as qtp will not build a custom set of headers for you as kooks and arh will. just tell them what you want and its done. qtp says if you dont like what they offer dont buy them lol.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Choco has the typical south jersey attitude. Tomuch sewer water and toxic waste in his genetic pool most likely. If you want to come north choco ill be happy to slap you in the face with some kooks ok there tough guy...

I think this thread is proof enough there have been quite a few complaints as to qtp's quality and when it comes to the other mentioned popular brands you havent even heard somuch as a negative remark. Let the merrits of the products speak for themself and thats it.

I have had my kooks for a couple years no fitment issues great power gains what more can you ask for..

ps i forgot they gotta be puuurde and shiny heyuck heyuck.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:36 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Kooks here. I'll take Talons word for it that he has issues.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

not to hijack the thread, but how come no one has mentioned stainless works headers and y-pipe??

tony
Old 10-31-2009, 03:00 AM
On The Tree

After reading every response on this lengthy chaotic thread:
1. I want one of those choco taco ice cream things...
2. want to check the weld points on the qtp headers I just bought used from someone.
3. Cant wait to put mine on to put some useful info on this thread including a dyno of before and after the headers and qtp Y.